Since 2010, Burbank Lawyer Jami Fosgate has dedicated her law practice to assisting clients in a broad range of Family Law matters. In addition to helping couples and individuals peacefully resolve their cases in a timely and cost-effective manner, Jami Fosgate also provides Family Law Legal Documentation Preparation.
Jami Fosgate is a caring and compassionate attorney and mediator who strives to help her clients through the Family Law process while minimizing emotional stress. Jami Fosgate declines representation of parties in court cases because litigation damages family relationships and often puts children in the middle of conflict. Jami Fosgate’s mediation and collaborative practice is focused on bringing the parties together to control the outcome of their case and settle their disagreements amicably. By doing so, the parties will be better equipped to co-parent and work together to resolve any future conflicts.
Please contact Fosgate Family Law & Mediation Center at 818-827-7157 or by email to schedule a free joint couple’s consultation.
- University of Southern California – Bachelor of Arts, Magna cum Laude
- Loyola Law School – Juris Doctor, Dean’s List Each Semester, Graduated in Top 15% of Class.
- California State Bar – 2004
- District Court of the United States, Central District of California – 2004
Bar Association Memberships
- Los Angeles County Bar Association – Family Law Section , Solo & Small Firm Section
- San Fernando Valley Bar Association – Family Law Section
- Pasadena Bar Association – Family Law Section
- IACP: International Academy of Collaborative Professionals
- LACFLA: Los Angeles Collaborative Family Law Association
- Pasadena Collaborative Divorce
- Family Divorce Solutions of San Fernando Valley
- SCMA: Southern California Mediation Association
- Los Angeles County Superior Court – Volunteer Mediator & Temporary Judge
- Phi Beta Kappa
- Phi Kappa Phi
Recognition & Awards
- Collaborative Practice California 2019 Eureka Award
- Super Lawyers – Southern California Rising Star 2012, 2013, 2014
- Pasadena Top Attorney – 2020
- St. Thomas More Law Honor Society – Loyola Law School
- Best Oral Advocate in annual Scott Moot Court Competition (Law School)
Published Articles – Los Angeles Daily Journal
- “Support Payments, It’s a Question of Time” (January 7, 2010)
- “When Words Collide” (June 16, 2009)
- “Change of Plan” (November 6, 2008)
Mediation and collaborative education, training and experience
- Graduate of Woody Mosten’s 40-hour Divorce Mediation training program and attends his mediation study group
- Graduate of three day interdisciplinary Collaborative Law training
- Completed the Los Angeles County Bar Association’s Dispute Resolution Center 30-hour basic and 10-hour advanced mediation training courses.
Continuing education courses throughout the year offered by:
- Collaborative Practice California
- Southern California Mediation Association
- Los Angeles County Bar Association
- International Academy of Collaborative Professionals
- San Fernando Valley Bar Association
- Academy of Professional Family Mediators
- Association of Certified Family Law Specialists
- Pasadena Bar Association
Contact an Experienced Burbank California Family Law Lawyer
Please contact the Fosgate Family Law & Mediation Center today via email or by calling (818) 827-7157 to learn how we can help you move forward with your life.